Hungarian entrant Attila Kiss snatched the Eurofleurs title in a closely-fought contest at Tatton Park last night.
Twelve of Europe’s finest young florists took centre stage in two days of competitions culminating in the breathtaking finale. The competition, organised by the BFA, was a showcase for the best young florists in Europe, and all 12 contestants showed amazing ingenuity and talent. The contest went down to the wire, with Attila Kiss winning by a tiny 0.01 of a mark, just ahead of Britain’s Joe Massie. Thomasz Kuczynski, of Poland, took third.
Each design heat was closely fought and both the judges and onlookers were impressed by the dedication and skill of all the young competitors. The winners in each category were:
- Task 1 – “Oneplace at Tatton Park”, free expression design: Joe Massie, Great Britain.
- Task 2 – “By the Golden Brook”, hand tied design: Elisabeth Schoeneman of Germany.
- Task 3 – “The Kitchen Garden”, planted design: Attila Kiss of Hungary
- Task 4 – “Marriage in the mansion”, bridal design: Janneke Roeland of The Netherlands
- Task 5 – “Let’s go gardening”, surprise design: Atilla Kiss of Hungary
A special award was also given for the most innovative bridal bouquet to Thomasz Kuczynski of Poland.
The BFA extends its thanks to all the sponsors who made the event possible.